Al-Fattah, S.M. (2013). Patent No. 8,510,242. USA: United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- PhD degree with distinction (first honors)
- EMBA degree with first honors (first-in-class)
- MSc degree with first honors
- BSc degree with honors
- 2006 SPE Saudi Arabia Technical Symposium: First place of the Best Paper Award
- Texas A&M University: Best Ph.D. Paper of the Students Paper Contest in 1998 and 1999
- Recognized for the contributions in several integrated oil and gas fields development studies at Saudi Aramco including:
- Shaybah Field Development | Safaniyah Field | Hawtah Field Development | Hanifa Fracture Reservoirs Development | Manifa Field Development | Abqaiq North Field Study
- Recognized as the 2016 Outstanding Technical Editor of Energy Policy journal
- Recognized as an Outstanding Technical Editor of the special issue on “Artificial Intelligence and Petroleum Analytics” by J. of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, 2011.
- Ranked as the Best Top 10% of Authors on Social Science Research Network (SSRN) by all-time downloads.